What is a Skin Peel?
A facial peel is a cosmetic, chemical treatment that can be performed by a trained aesthetic practitioner to help lessen the appearance of blemishes, freckles, age spots, light scarring, and any number of other skin irregularities on the face. Also called chemical peels, they can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and give new life to sun-damaged skin.
What is used at DC Cosmetics?
Agera Rx Medical Formula Skincare.
Agera® is a scientifically endorsed range of skin care products that produces visible results and includes anti-ageing, anti-pigmentary and acne treatments.
What are Agera Skin Peels?
AGERA® Rx Medical Formula is a revolutionary method for treating acne with a combination of skin peels and advanced skin care products. This system has been clinically proven to dramatically reduce bacteria,blocked pores and skin discolouration associated with acne. The rapid control of acne symptoms is essential to minimise the risk of future scarring.
These unique peels are non-irritating and cause no down time from skin shedding or redness. AGERA® Rx acne peels help control bacteria while reducing blocked pores.
Cleansing the skin AGERA® Rx cleansers have been formulated specifically for oily and acne prone skin and leave the skin feeling clean and refreshed. Controlling bacteria AGERA® Rx formulations use highly active peptides to eliminate bacterial causes of acne while stimulating collagen and elastin without irritation. Preventing and controlling acne AGERA® Rx uses AHAs and BHAs (salicylic and Lascorbic acids) to provide significant results by reducing inflammation, decreasing bacteria and preventing new acne eruptions.
Anti – Aging
Growth Factor Peptides
Growth factor levels decline as we age, causing the skin to thin and lose its elasticity. The powerful Growth Factor Peptides found in AGERA® Rx anti-ageing products stimulate the cells to produce new collagen and elastin for firmer, thicker, younger looking skin.
Free radicals are damaging agents that disrupt the normal function of skin cells. They are caused by sun exposure, pollution and other environmental factors. AGERA® Rx contains a range of powerful antioxidants proven to combat free radical damage and restore a smoother, softer texture to the skin.
Retinol has been clinically proven to reverse many signs of skin ageing such as fine lines, wrinkles and uneven skin tone. AGERA® Rx delivers this powerful anti-ageing ingredient in bio emulsions that penetrate the skin as time-released capsules to ensure rapid results with minimal irritation. Bio emulsion Technology and Skin Care AGERA® Rx is the first skin care range in the world to use tiny bio emulsion particles to encapsulate its powerful anti-ageing ingredients and deliver them deep within the skin. These minute particles penetrate the skin’s outer layer to ensure minimum irritation and maximum results.
AGERA® Rx Skin Peels The revolutionary proliferative peels created by AGERA® Rx are non-irritating, pain free and cause no down time from skin shedding, redness or irritation. These unique treatments cause significant stimulation of the fibroblasts deep within the skin to produce new collagen and elastin. This proliferative effect on the skin’s cells delivers many anti-ageing benefits without any unsightly skin shedding or redness. After only one session, the skin will look clearer, smoother and brighter. For maximum results a course of AGERA® Rx skin peels is recommended following individual assessment.
AGERA® Rx has developed revolutionary skin peels that have been clinically proven to effectively reduce the appearance of pigmentation in the skin. These no down time peels reduce the activity of pigment producing cells deep within the skin for a flawless, even-toned complexion.
Advantages of Skin Peels
- 10 years solid research and dermatologically researched.
- Combination of L’ascorbic Vitamin C, Alpha Hydroxy (lactic acid), Beta Hydroxy (salicylic acid) and poly Hydroxy (citric acid).
- Agera peels are multi- layered peels allowing more flexibility for treating different skin types.
- Deeply penetrating – potential to reach the reticular dermis but are not associated with any downtime or discomfort.
- Anhydrous peels activated by water.
- Non glycolic and no home skin care preparation needed pre peel.
- Gentle peeling, proliferation and sterilising action so no excessive skin shedding.
- Suitable for all skin types and ages.
- No animal extracts and free from high levels of perfumes which all have potential for causing irritation or allergies.
- Can be used as a single treatment or a series of peels increasing in strength over a 2-4-month programme. We recommend a minimum of 3 treatments spaced out every 2 weeks, ideally a course of 6.
The superficial facial skin peels known as “Glycolic Peels” are one of the most popular non-invasive cosmetic procedures performed to rejuvenate the appearance of the skin.
Over time, factors such as sun damage, genetic, diet, environment and repetitive muscle movement contribute to the formation of lines and wrinkles in the face. Additionally, the development of pigmentation irregularities or acne scars can cause skin to lose its smooth, youthful appearance. Skin peels can reduce the appearance of fine facial lines and wrinkles, scars, and uneven pigmentation.
Often referred to as the “lunchtime peel,” superficial peels procedures like the glycolic peel, generally last between fifteen and thirty minutes. A few weeks before the procedure, it is recommended that you use Vitamin C serum to prepare the outer layer of skin for treatment as well as allow the peel solution to soak evenly through your skin.
Who is suitable for the Treatment?
This is a very safe peel without any downtime or shedding of the skin, therefore the most sensitive skins would be suitable for the treatment.
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damaged skin
- Acne prone skin
- Blackheads and whiteheads
- Superficial age spots
- Oily skin
- Dry patchy skin
Who is not suitable for the Treatment?
- Allergy to Salicylic/Aspirin
- Active herpes or cold sores
- Allergic to any one of the listed ingredients
- If facial waxing, epilight or depilatory creams used within the last 48 hours
- Roaccutane (refrain for 6 months)
- Any pre-existing connective tissue diseases
- Active acne
What happens during treatment?
- You will first undergo a skin analysis to assess your suitability for this treatment. Together we will then decide on the type and strength of peel that will be best for your skin.
- The face is first cleansed with an salicylic acid wash to remove any makeup or debris from the skin.
- A peel prep is then used to prepare the skin for the peel.
- The peel is applied all over the face & the skin is kept cool with a fan.
- A second layer of the peel is applied and then a third if required.
- The skin is dried with a fan and then soaked in ice cold water.
- After 15 minutes the peel is removed.
- Then we will nourish your skin afterwards with Intensive Vitamin Infusions and a high SPF moisturiser.
- The treatment typically takes around 30 minutes
How many treatments are required?
- A series of peels increasing in strength over a 2-4-month programme is recommended. We recommend a minimum of 3 treatments spaced out every 2 weeks, ideally a course of 6.
- This programmed will sterilise, brighten & reduce active blemishes.
- Tailored home care products recommended by the therapist should be used to enhance the clinic treatment
Are there any possible side effects?
- This is a relatively safe peel to use with minimal irritation and side effects. The Agera Peels are non-glycolic and do not cause the upper layers of the skin to shed.
- There may be possible irritation and reddening of the skin.
- You will need to apply Sun Protection as your skin may be more sensitive to the sun.
- You may experience some flaking and dryness of the skin as a reaction of increased stimulation to the epidermal cell layer.
Agera Facial Peel from: £150
Agera Facial Peel course of three: £125
Agera Oxy Brightening Facial: £40